Any and all use of EdisonLive services (“EdisonLive” or “Service”) provided by Edison Live, LLC (“Edison”) is subject to and conditioned upon compliance with the following Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). If you have an Agreement with Edison or are subject to the Terms of Service, this AUP is incorporated into and made a part thereof. This AUP defines the standards that all users of the EdisonLive must adhere to while using the Service. By using EdisonLive, you are agreeing to these terms and this AUP applies to you.
Edison may periodically update these terms and will let you know when they are updated by notifying you through email, or by posting a revised copy on the EdisonLive website. You agree to review the AUP on a regular basis and always remain in compliance.
EdisonLive is designed to promote collaboration and facilitate virtual meetings and webinars by connecting users through voice, video and screen-sharing services. As such, EdisonLive is intended for business use and purposes.
EdisonLive (including any device, system, network, or account used in connection with the Services) may not be used to:
- Post, stream or transmit any content, including live video, that violates this AUP or other policies of Edison.
- Violate any applicable law, including U.S. federal, state, or local laws or regulations, or any applicable law or regulation of any foreign jurisdiction, including applicable laws regarding the recording of communications.
- Infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate Edison’s or anyone’s rights (including intellectual property, privacy, personality, publicity, or otherwise), including publishing, posting, uploading, or otherwise distributing any software, music, videos, or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless all necessary rights and consents have been obtained.
- Display or use Edison’s trademarks marks or logos without the prior written consent of Edison or use such trademarks or logos in violation of Edison’s policies.
- Do anything that threatens, exploits or otherwise harms children (e.g., expose them to inappropriate content; ask for personally identifiable information without parental consent).
- Engage in any activity that is harmful, obscene, or indecent (particularly as such would be understood in the context of business usage). This includes, for example, displays of nudity, violence, pornography, sexually explicit material, or criminal activity.
- Act or take any action that is indecent, offensive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, abusive, fraudulent, false, misleading, malicious, disruptive, tortious, or otherwise objectionable ; or create a false caller ID identity (i.e., ID spoofing), forge addresses or headers, or otherwise mislead others about a user’s or third party’s identity or origin.
- Store or transmit any data or material that is fraudulent, unlawful, harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent or otherwise inappropriate.
- Facilitate or support human trafficking.
- Engage in any activity that supports or facilitates terrorism or terrorist organizations.
- Send unauthorized messages, advertising or spam, including unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other mass solicitation material, or otherwise violate any applicable laws related to unsolicited marketing.
- Download any file or data that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in that way.
- Misrepresent the user’s identity or affiliation with any entity or organization, or impersonate any other person.
- Harvest, collect, scrape or gather information about any third party, including other users, without consent.
- Intercept, capture, sniff, monitor, modify, emulate, decrypt, or redirect any communication or data for any purpose.
- Violate the privacy of others or distribute confidential or personal information of others.
- Engage in any activity that is harmful or disruptive to Edison or EdisonLive or attempts to circumvent restrictions on access, usage or security of EdisonLive. This includes transmitting viruses, malware or other malicious or destructive code or using tools that mask IP address location or to otherwise circumventing restrictions on use due to regulations or account closures.
- Violate the usage standards or rules of an entity affected by the use of EdisonLive, including without limitation any ISP, ESP, or user group.
If you become aware of any violation of this AUP, please contact Edison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Edison will investigate all reports and take immediate, appropriate action where warranted (in Edison’s sole discretion). If any user of EdisonLive violates any of the terms of this AUP, Edison may immediately and without notice terminate such users, suspend or terminate access to EdisonLive or take any other appropriate action, including legal action if warranted. Edison further reserves all other rights.
Edison anticipates that all users will use EdisonLive in a reasonable manner given the business purpose (“Reasonable Use”). As such, Edison may limit, suspend or terminate access if a user’s use exceeds Reasonable Use, and may monitor usage based on:
- meeting lengths;
- uninterrupted meeting recordings;
- excessive recorded meeting length;
- calls made outside of business hours; and/or
- other calling patterns indicative of an attempt to evade enforcement of Reasonable Use.
Edison may determine that abnormal, unreasonable or impermissible usage is occurring based on industry standards and patterns of usage of EdisonLive, and may take appropriate steps, including suspension or termination of service.
In addition, unlimited recording plans cannot, under any circumstances, be used for security systems.